Vaping 101: Beginner’s Guide to Vaping
Vaping is more than a passion, it is also a less harmful alternative to traditional smoking. If you’re new to vaping and looking for a smooth start, this beginner’s guide will walk you through the essentials. Here, we’ll cover topics like choosing the best e-liquid to start with, selecting the right vaping device, and how to add or change your e-liquid from your device.
Selecting the Best E-Liquid:
E-liquids, also known as vape juices, are the heart of your vaping experience. They come in a wide range of flavours, nicotine strengths, and VG/PG ratios. For beginners, it’s best to start with something straightforward. Opt for a simple, single-flavour e-liquid, such as menthol or a fruit flavour. Nicotine strength is important; if you’re new to vaping, lower nicotine levels are recommended to minimise the risk of overdoing it or doing it wrong. You can gradually increase the nicotine strength as needed. Additionally, a balanced VG/PG ratio (50/50 or 60/40) provides a good starting point.
Choosing the Right Vaping Device:
Selecting the right device is crucial for a pleasant vaping experience. Beginners often prefer pod systems or starter kits. These devices are user-friendly and don’t require much technical knowledge. They come with built-in batteries and refillable pods. Look for a device with adjustable airflow settings to fine-tune your vapor production and a comfortable mouthpiece. Avoid high-powered devices, like advanced mods, initially as they can be overwhelming for newcomers:
Here’s a Vape Starter Kit we recommend:
How to Add or Change Your E-Liquid:
Adding or changing your e-liquid is a straightforward process. Most devices have a simple top-fill mechanism. Follow these steps:
1. Unscrew the top cap: If you’re using a top-fill tank, unscrew the top cap to access the tank.
2. Fill the tank: Carefully pour your chosen e-liquid into the tank, avoiding the central airflow tube. Don’t overfill; leave a small gap at the top to prevent leaking.
3. Secure the top cap: Screw the top cap back on firmly but don’t over tighten it.
4. Prime your coil: If you’re using a new coil or changing flavours, allow the coil to soak for a few minutes to prevent dry hits. You can do this by letting your device sit upright.
5. Adjust settings: Depending on your device, adjust the wattage or voltage settings to your liking.